We are open (by appointment only). In stopping the spread, we are taking full precautions in making sure everything is clean and sanitized for our doctors', staff and patients' safety.
Our friends at Maui Jim sent out helpful tips for sanitizing your sunglasses and eyewear that we want to share with you.
How to Sanitize Your Sunglasses & Eyeglasses
HYDROGEN PEROXIDE METHOD
1. Frames can be cleaned with hydrogen peroxide wipes. Clean every part of the frame with your gloved fingers. Once done, discard and do not reuse the wipe. NOTE: Hydrogen peroxide wipes contain a different substance than regular disinfectant wipes such as Lysol or Clorox.
DO NOT use regular disinfectant wipes, as they can damage the product.
2. If wipes are not available, create a 50/50 solution of 3% hydrogen peroxide and water mixed in a spray bottle. Spray the solution on the frames and wipe with a regular eyewear cleaning cloth. Do not reuse the cleaning cloth without machine washing it first.
DISH SOAP METHOD
1. Rinse the glasses under a stream of lukewarm water to wash away dust and debris.
2. Apply a pea-sized amount of anti-bacterial, lotion-free dish soap to each lens. Use your gloved fingers to clean every part of the frame.
3. Rinse off all of the soap with warm water, shake off excess water, and dry gently with a microfiber cloth. Do not reuse the cleaning cloth without machine washing it first.