WE ARE OPEN!
Norfolk Family Eye Care is open for routine care. We have policies in place to keep staff and patients safe. All visits to the office are by APPOINTMENT ONLY (this includes pick-ups of contacts and glasses, adjustments/repairs, etc).
All patients entering the office must have a scheduled appointment. This helps to reduce congestion and maintain physical distancing. This includes contact lenses/eyewear pick-ups, eyewear adjustments, and repairs.
We are offering tele-optometry appointments to patients that would like a consult from the comfort of their home. This only applies to certain ocular concerns. Please call our office to see if this would benefit you.
We have implemented office policies and protocols including enhanced cleaning procedures.
Everyone entering the office will have their temperature taken with a non-contact thermometer. This includes patients, staff, and doctors. Anyone with a fever will need to reschedule their appointment. If a doctor or staff has a fever, they will not be able to report to work and will be sent home.
Everyone will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms and not allowed entry if screens positive. Please click here to fill out our COVID-19 questionnaire within 24 hours of your scheduled appointment.
All of our frames are cleaned after being tried on. We are providing an even more personalized eyewear selection service where the staff hand select the frames from our display boards. Patients are not handling any of the frames.
Please arrive only 5-10 min before your appointment or you may need to wait in your car.
Due to the reduction of appointment slots each day, we are implementing a strict $50 no show fee. This is for anyone that cancels their appointment with less than 24 hours notice.
Patient Safety Protocols
If you do enter our office, please follow these hygiene protocols for your safety and ours:
· Please come in alone, unless you are with a child, require a translator, or have a mobility issue.
· Please leave all extra unnecessary items such as food, drink, coats, or large bags in your car or at home.
· Wear your own mask. If you don’t have access to one, masks are available for purchase at the office for $2.
· Practice physical distancing at the office. Maintain a 2m/6ft distance when possible and avoid touching anything you don’t need to.
· Wash hands with soap and water/hand sanitizer before and after entering
· Hand sanitizer is available in the entryway, at our reception desk and throughout the entire office
· If you cough or sneeze, use a tissue or into your bended elbow and wash or sanitize your hands immediately afterwards
· No shaking of hands, hugging, or touching